Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snowy, Snowy Winter

We have had a snowy winter. I know we didn't get the blizzard that was predicted, but we have had several different snows that were enough to get out and play in. More than I think we have had in a few years. I personally like one good snow (preferably around Christmas) and then I'm done. I think snow is really pretty, but I'm not a big fan of the cold. Nor do I like the mess it makes, especially little black cinders all over my kitchen. I think I had my fair share of snow when I lived in Wisconsin. Nevertheless, Andrew does like the snow. He and Matt have gotten out and played in almost every snow we've had. Andrew could stay out there all day. He loves it. He loves sledding, making snowballs, walking in the snow, and making snow angels. Matt, Andrew, and Ella also made a great snowman after the first snow we had. Ella likes the idea of the snow. She likes to put on her snow suit and go outside....for about 2 minutes. She's not big on the cold or getting wet. Since Luke can't go out in the snow, most of the times that the kids have played in the snow have been with Matt and I don't have pictures. Toward the end of our last snow, we did head to a hill in our subdivision and Luke and I went along, so here are a few pics:

Getting all bundle up takes so much time!

All smiles for now....

Luke hanging out in the van while Andrew and Ella sledded. Ella spent a lot of time in there with him, since she didn't want to be out very long.




Andrew throwing a snowball at Matt.


The McDuffie's met us at the hill for a while. Dillon and Andrew had fun together!

No comments: