Some days I'm not sure if Ella is 3 or 13. I love her, but I think we may have our hands full when she gets older. Ella now prefers to take showers by herself in her own bathroom. Then she wants to do all the things I do. I try to let her, but I have to draw the line on some things. She blow dries her hair, sometimes uses the straightener, puts lotion on, wears deodorant, and uses face lotion. I don't let her wear make-up, even though she asks every time she sees me wearing it (which honestly is only a couple times a week). And I don't let her wear my bras, which she also asks to do regularly. I know she didn't get this from me! I didn't want to wear dresses, fix my hair, or wear make up until college! And even now, I don't do it often! She is definitely my girly girl, but I love her and am enjoying having a girl!!
She takes care of Luke like his second mom. The way she talks to him and takes care of him is so, so sweet. She will change his diaper (not poopy ones), get him food and drinks, play with him, comfort him, make him laugh, really pretty much anything a mom does. It does make her seem older than 3! She even changes her tone of voice like adults do when talking to babies. One day last week, Luke woke up with a fever. When it was time for Ella to get up, he crawled in bed with her and snuggled up on her pillow. She just laid there rubbing his back. And Luke absolutely adores her! She is probably his 2nd favorite (me being his first of course). =) I love watching them together, and Ella will make a fabulous mommy one day.
Ella also really wants me to drop her off at preschool like I do Andrew. She has insisted on it a couple times and actually started trying to run to the door without me, but I've convinced her so far that I can come in with her. I know the day is coming soon though where she walks in all by herself.....when did she get so big? She only seems to be making herself age faster than she needs to, but I love that she is confident, capable, and willing. She's a very special little girl and I am really enjoying watching her grow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment