Monday, January 26, 2009

My Little Chatter Box

Andrew has always been very quiet. He didn't talk until he was a little older than most kids are when they start talking. Then when he did finally start talking he usually whispered everything so no one knew what he was saying. When he turned 2, he started quickly catching up and now he talks all the time. He still mostly talks when it is just me, but he is getting better around other people. He doesn't talk to strangers at all, but he has started talking to other family that he sees on a regular basis. He does still whisper when he talks to most other people, especially if he is asked a question. When I used to worry about whether Andrew would start talking, people would say, "Don't worry one day you'll be thinking, 'Andrew do you ever stop talking'"? I have felt like that lately. Andrew talks all day. He tells me everything he is doing, everything he is about to do, what Ella is doing, and whatever else he thinks of. It is hard for Matt and me to talk because he is always talking to me and won't give me a chance to talk to Matt. It is really fun to see him grow up (a little too fast, though) and how much and how well he talks now. He sure is a character! Here are some funny stories about things he has said the past few months:

- We were driving in the car and Matt had a fountain soda that Andrew wanted a drink of. I gave him the cup and stayed turned in my seat to watch him and make sure he didn't spill it. He looked at me and said, "Hey, turn around." I was so shocked!

- I was telling Andrew that I needed to go to the grocery store and he said in all seriousness, "Buy Orange Juice."

- I went to a MNO so Matt had the kids. The next morning we were in Andrew's room getting dressed and I pulled his drawer out to get pants and it fell off the tracks. Andrew looked at me and said, "Daddy mad with drawer." I could only imagine what Matt was doing when he couldn't get the drawer back on the tracks.

- I had gone to Wal-Mart and when I came home, Andrew was playing with his Hot Wheels city. I said, "Oh are you and Daddy playing Hot Wheels?". Andrew said, "No, Daddy watch T.V."

- Yesterday I was downstairs working and Andrew yelled at the top of the stairs, "Mom, dinner time. Daddy made dinner."

- Andrew stayed the night with Grammy on Saturday, so he went to church with her on Sunday. Matt and I planned on going to the 1st service and picking Andrew up at church. Ella actually slept until 7:45 (which was great!), so she was taking a nap during both services. We decided not to go, so Matt went to pick Andrew up in between services. When they got home and Andrew say Ella, he said, "Ella skip church." I couldn't believe he said that. I asked Matt if he told Andrew that, but he said he briefly mentioned something about skipping to a guy at church and that was all. That really shows how much Andrew picks up!

They seem like such ordinary things, but to see and hear Andrew say them is so funny. He says so many things that surprise me. I just don't realize how much he really knows and how much he pays attention to. Andrew also has a deep voice that he uses that makes things even funnier.

No comments: