Some time late October (possibly early November) our family will welcome its fourth little blessing! We are all very excited! This will be our last addition, and we can't wait to meet him or her. The kids are certain it is a girl. Actually, I'm not sure how Ella will handle it if it isn't a girl. They have me already assuming it's a girl and calling it a "she" sometimes. I have to catch myself and remind me and them that we don't know yet; it could be a boy! Andrew went to school and told his teacher and friends that we were having a new baby and her name is Angel. (side note...we won't name her Angel, even if it is a girl) =) Ella tells everyone that she knows it is a girl. Every store we go to, she wants to buy something for the new baby. It's always girl clothes or toys. We will find out for sure on June 15.
Tomorrow I hit 12 weeks. The nausea is pretty much over; just a few food aversions still hanging around. I will be really happy when the 2nd trimester energy hits. I've been exhausted! I usually can't function much past 9:00. I'm still in the stage where the excitement hasn't fully kicked in because you know you still have a long time to go and there really aren't too many reminders that the baby is there (like feeling it move). I keep remembering the ultrasound I had 3 weeks ago though and seeing its little body take form. That is exciting! It makes me look forward to feeling the baby move, finding out what it is, and welcoming this little one into our family. I am a little nervous, but as always, you get through the rough patches and the great moments make up for the hard moments. I am mostly worried about Luke. He is so attached to me. He doesn't like it when Andrew and Ella sit on my lap....how will he respond when it's a new baby?? I will just be praying for the next 6 months that his separation issues get better. I don't foresee many issues for Andrew and Ella. They are pretty excited, and Ella will take over as the baby's 2nd mom, I'm sure.
There are definitely things I worry about, get nervous about, wonder how we will manage, but overall this feels right. After Luke I felt like we were still missing something. Now, I feel like we are complete. This new baby will complete our family. We are blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"The Four Club" is growing in popularity. :) I can't wait till I join you and have my 4 as well. Hoping you get your energy back real soon.
Post a Comment