Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Be Like Daddy

Andrew is in a "Be Like Daddy" phase. He says it all the time and then does something that Matt does. It is really cute, and I know Matt is loving it! Matt wears his jacket unzipped, so if Andrew has his jacket on and sees Matt, Andrew unzips his jacket and says, "Be like Daddy". When Matt gets home, he changes his shirt, so Andrew changes his shirt and says, "Be like Daddy". There have been so many examples...I can't think of them all. This morning I told Andrew he needed to go potty before we went outside. He was being really poky about it and kept saying, "No, be like Daddy". I told him to use the potty, so he went to his room, grabbed two books, went to the toilet, sat down, opened his books, peed, and said "Be like Daddy". I wish I could think of some of the other things he said it about. I'll have to post them when I remember.

While it is mostly a "Be Like Daddy" phase, he has said "Be like Mommy" two times. One day before his nap, he grabbed a pillow and snuggled up to it and said, "Be like Mommy". (I always snuggle with a pillow when I sleep.) Last night we were laying on the bed watching George and I had my hand on my chin. Andrew put his hand on his chin and said, "Be like Mommy". It is so sweet that he wants to be like us, but that definitely means we have to be exactly how we want him to be.

No comments: