Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Funny Stories

I couldn't think of a creative title for this blog post. Well, actually I could, but I didn't really want "hernia" to be in the title. Anyway, here are two funny stories about Andrew and his reactions to Ella's hernia:

A few days ago, Andrew told me Pig and Mousey had to go to the doctor because they had a hernia. Right after he told me that, he looked at Ella in a very matter-of-fact and yet concerned way and said, "And you have one too, Ella". Pig and Mouse also had to wear diapers that day because of their hernias. I'm assuming that's because he always sees me take Ella's diaper off to look for her hernia. I guess he thought they needed the diapers to help the hernias.

Yesterday, Ella's hernia was bothering her and kept popping out, so I was going to let her play in the bath to relax. I asked Andrew if he wanted to take a bath because I was going to let Ella take one to relax and help her hernia. Andrew, sounding a little disgusted, said to me, "I don't want to be in there with her hernia".

I think Andrew has seen Ella's hernia when it was popped out and he knows it bothers her and that she has to go to the hospital soon to have it fixed, but we've never actually explained to him what it was (not that he would understand if we did), but it's so funny how often he will make references to it, as though he knows exactly what he's talking about. And Ella is completely oblivious that he's talking about her or that she actually has a "hernia".

No comments: