Andrew survived his first year of preschool. I can definitely tell a difference in him from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. He was (and still is, just not as much) so quiet. He didn't say anything when he first started preschool. By the end of the year, he did participate in conversations and sang along with everyone. He learned a lot of things, but honestly I think the best thing he got out of it was becoming a little less shy. I think he really enjoyed preschool. I know he loved his teacher, Miss Penny. I enjoyed being a helper in his classroom and being able to watch him grow over the school year. He wouldn't even tell anyone my name at the beginning of the year, but by the end he would. I can't believe he only has one year left until kindergarten (makes me want to cry every time I think about it), but I also enjoy watching him grow and learn. He sure is special to us!
St. Paul's had an end of the year preschool program. It was titled "Away We Go" and each class was assigned a different transportation vehicle and sang songs. Andrew's class were sailors and sang songs about boats. At Andrew's Christmas program, he did not do anything....no movements, no words. This time, he did actually participate...a little. I saw his mouth moving, but I'm not sure what was coming out was very loud. And he did all the movements. So definitely progress. :) Seeing him up on stage makes him seem so old. He did a great job. After all the classes sang, they each got a graduation certificate. The parents got a book that the kids had been working on all year. It had different things they did during the year and pictures from field trips and the classroom. My favorite part was a picture Andrew colored of himself....he gave himself red hair. It was so cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment