Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flip Flops

Gabriella LOVES her flip flops! Earlier in the summer, she didn't own any. She tried to wear mine, Matt's, and Andrew's. She just wore mine and Matt's around the house, but she actually tried to wear Andrew's out places. She really wanted flips flops and always asked where Ella's flip flops were. She would see all of us wearing ours and kind of look around like she felt left out. I didn't really want to spend even $7-$10 on a pair of flip flops when I didn't know if she would wear them. Then one day we were getting out of the car and I told Andrew to put his flip flops on. Ella looked at me and said, "Ella have flip flops yet?" It was so cute! I had to buy her a pair after that! I happened to be in Once Upon a Child and found a pair for $1.50.

The next morning when I gave her the flip flops, she looked at me with a big smile and said, "Ella flip flops?" When I said they were hers, she immediately put them on and started wearing them (and has rarely taken them off since). She had to show Andrew and Daddy as soon as they woke up. Now it is all she will wear (other than her cowboy boots). Ella has so many cute pairs of shoes, but all she wants to wear are her flip flops. It will actually cause meltdowns if I try to get her to wear any other pair of shoes. It has definitely been the best $1.50 I've spent in a long time. They are getting a lot of use. It is funny because I get strangers stop me to ask me how old she is and if she can really walk in them or to comment on how impressed they are at how well she walks (and runs) in her flip flops.

No comments: