It doesn't seem possible, but Andrew is a little over a month away from entering kindergarten. It's crazy, sad, but also a little exciting. Andrew made drastic improvements in Pre-K. I'm amazed at what he learned and how much he opened up. He is still quiet and shy, but is better at showing others his personality and what he knows. The improvements he made in Pre-K make me much less nervous and more confident in how well he will do in kindergarten. Still sad that my little boy will be at school every day all day, but so proud of all he has done this past year and looking forward to watching him learn and grow even more in kindergarten.
The evidence of his improvements in Pre-K was definitely displayed at his Pre-K Step Up Ceremony. That night was probably one of the most proud moments I have had as a mom. Andrew sang, danced, and did the motions to every song that night! I was so, so proud of him! In all the other programs Andrew had ever been in, he just stood there. To see him come out of his shell and perform on stage was wonderful! I had to fight back tears every song. I couldn't believe how well he did. For Andrew, this was huge. He has always been a quiet, shy little boy and he looked so big and so sweet up on stage. I was again amazed at how far he had come in a year.
The evidence of his improvements in Pre-K was definitely displayed at his Pre-K Step Up Ceremony. That night was probably one of the most proud moments I have had as a mom. Andrew sang, danced, and did the motions to every song that night! I was so, so proud of him! In all the other programs Andrew had ever been in, he just stood there. To see him come out of his shell and perform on stage was wonderful! I had to fight back tears every song. I couldn't believe how well he did. For Andrew, this was huge. He has always been a quiet, shy little boy and he looked so big and so sweet up on stage. I was again amazed at how far he had come in a year.
So proud of the little boy Andrew has become!
After they did their program, they had a little reception with snacks and drinks. Each child got a little Spot. Spot was their class mascot. Andrew was excited to have one of his own. Spot sleeps in his "bed" (a doggy food bowl) next to Andrew every night. We had puppy chow, cake, and punch.
Walking over to the kindergarten side. =) Andrew was pretty proud of this moment. He counted down the days until he was a kindergartner. He knew how many more days until his Step-Up ceremony. Each morning he woke up, one of the first things he said was, "Only 3 more days until I'm a kindergartner"....all the way until it was the "day". I hope he is that excited on the first day of kindergarten!

No comments:
Post a Comment