This morning he was ready to go again with no problems. I talked to Miss Penny after class for a while and she said he did great. She said he doesn't volunteer to answer questions, but will respond if she is talking to him directly. I was worried he wouldn't talk at all, but hopefully he'll warm up the more he goes and start talking more. She did note that he puts everything in his mouth, so we are going to start working on that. I knew he did that; it's a comfort thing for him. If he doesn't have an object, he puts his hands in his mouth. Since we were always at home, it wasn't a big deal. I'd rather he not put the toys in his mouth at school, though, so hopefully he can outgrow that quickly. Other than that, she said he was doing great!
They send home a paper every Thursday about how he did and what he did for the week. His paper this week said he was happy, cooperative, listened well, was quiet during story time, and picked up his toys. He played with the farm, playdoh, animals, pirate ship, and puzzles. He also got to help feed the fish. And it said he did a great job on the monkey bars. I am very happy with how well he is doing and how much he seems to be enjoying it. When he walks out of the classroom with his backpack, he just looks so big. He gives me a little smile and then walks over for a hug. Next Thursday, I am the parent helper, so that should be fun. And then on Friday, he gets to be in the Homecoming Parade.
Here are two pictures of him on his first day of school:

No comments:
Post a Comment