Saturday, September 19, 2009

This Week at Preschool

This was Andrew's 2nd week of preschool. He did really well again this week! On Tuesday, it was his turn to take snack. We took plain yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, and bananas. Miss Penny loved his snack and told him it was awesome! He thought that was fun. Thursday I was the classroom helper. When we first got there, Andrew did not leave my side; he wouldn't go play. I was afraid he would be that way when I was there. I kept telling him I was there to help Miss Penny and he needed to play with his friends. He did finally start playing, but always stayed close to me and watched what I was doing. It was really fun and cute to see him in his school environment. I watched him at the table coloring and he looked so big and serious about what he was doing. He listened well, picked up his toys, and played. When Miss Penny told them to go to the alphabet rug, Andrew dropped his toy and ran over there. He did have to have his cupcake ring taken away because he put it in his mouth after being told not to. But other than that, he was really good.

Now in the mornings when it is time to leave for school and I tell Andrew to get his backpack, Ella has to have one too. Andrew was very nice and gave Ella his Dora and Diego backpack. He said she could have it and keep it in her room. So now Andrew grabs his backpack and Ella runs to get hers. She has to wear it just like Andrew. Here's a picture I took of them before school on Thursday:

This week Andrew's preschool also got to be in a parade. Friday was Union High School's Homecoming Parade. They had a very cute float! The theme was Under the Sea and their float said, "Wildcats Dive into Victory". All the kids got leis, sunglasses, and bubbles. Andrew went on the float.....but just barely. When it was Andrew's turn to climb aboard, he cried, wrapped his arms around my neck, and started kicking his legs when I tried to hand him to Miss Penny. I didn't think he was going to go, but I talked to him and he finally agreed.
Grammy, Aunt Melanie, Ryleigh, Madison, Uncle Rob, and Katie all came out to see Andrew in the parade. When his float came by, we yelled his name and he just stared at us. That's pretty much what I expected, but I'm just glad he went. The first picture below is what he did as we were yelling his name, waving, and smiling at him. What a goof ball. The other pics are of them getting ready to leave from the preschool.


No comments: