It's true what they say, "Kids say the darnedest things." Here are some of Andrew's funny moments from the past couple of weeks:
- Andrew wanted to eat some ice cream. Matt told him he couldn't eat ice cream all the time; that it was just a treat sometimes because ice cream can make you fat. Andrew told Matt, "But I like to be fat."
- I told Andrew to get his backpack because we were leaving for school. He went and got it and put it on. I then had to take it off so I could put his jacket on. About halfway to school, I realized we didn't pick his backpack up after putting on his jacket. I said, "Oh no, Andrew. We forgot to get your backpack." He said in all seriousness, "I told you to grab my backpack, Mom." He didn't actually tell me that, but he sounded just like Matt when he tried to blame it on me.
- We've been working with Andrew lately on truth versus lie, so we will sometimes say to him when we know he's not being on honest, "You're not telling the truth." On the way to the pumpkin patch this week Andrew and Ella each had a sucker on the way there. On the way back, Andrew wanted another one. I told him there weren't any left, but he said that there were two suckers. And I said, "Yes there were two suckers. You ate one and Ella ate one." Andrew then told me, "Mom, you're not telling the truth." All I said was, "Yes, I am." I didn't know what else to say; I was shocked he told me that.
- Andrew is picky about his clothes...what he wears, what matches, etc. He has to pick out his own clothes and get himself dressed. He has learned pretty quickly what matches or coordinates. Tuesday he was getting ready for school and told me he was going to get dressed. When I walked in his room, he had his red Lightning McQueen shirt laid out. Then he looked at it and said, "Oh I can't wear this shirt. I just wore this shirt to preschool last week." And he really did wear it to school the previous week! He is only 3 and he is a boy. That sounds like something a teenage girl would say! He has his opinions when it comes to his clothes!
Andrew says funny things all the time. I wish I could remember them all, but those are some of the funniest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment