Friday, October 16, 2009

Rob and Katie's Wedding

Rob (Matt's brother) and Katie are married! They got married last Saturday, October 10. It was a beautiful wedding! Matt was the Best Man, and I was a bridesmaid. And Andrew was the cutest ring bearer I've ever seen :)! It was a busy day for us. Since my mom was unable to help (due to her surgery), it was a crazy day of scheduling with the kiddos, too. Thankfully, Christa stayed with Ella during her nap and drove her to the church for me. Between the wedding and reception, Matt's mom took the kids to her house. Then we hired a babysitter for the night so I could take them home around 9 and then go back to the reception. It was busy, but everything worked out and we all had a great time.

Jill did my hair for me in the morning at Dean's house while the other girls had their hair done at Trisha's salon. Andrew was with Matt for pre-ceremony pictures for the guys. Andrew looked SO handsome. Hopefully he smiled for the pictures. Matt said he did pretty good. I was a little worried how Andrew would do for the ceremony. He wouldn't walk down the aisle at rehearsal and I knew he would get really shy when he saw all the people. Katie's 8 year old cousin was the flower girl, and she was so cute with Andrew. She talked and tried to play with him at rehearsal and decorating, so Andrew would warm up to her. He did talk to her some, but when it came time to walk down the aisle, he didn't want to. Rene went back to get him and walked down with him. He was still SO cute, at least I thought so :). I was impressed how well he and Ella did during the ceremony. Matt's grandma and grandpa watched Ella, and Rene stayed by Andrew.

In between the wedding and reception, Matt and I went with the wedding party for pictures at Lion's Lake and then to Miller's Grill. Matt had to give his speech first thing at the reception. I thought he did a great job. He was nervous, though. Andrew and Ella had a blast at the reception. They ran around like crazy kids and had so much fun dancing. I almost didn't want to take them home, but I knew they were exhausted. When I got back to the reception, we danced some, cleaned up, and headed back home. It was a super fun day!

The cutest Best Man and Ring Bearer in the world!

Katie and her girls.

Ella with soon-to-be Aunt Katie.

Matt and me at Lion's Lake.

Rob and his guys.

Uncle Robbie, Andrew, Aunt Katie, and Ella at the reception.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

did you guys get a good family pic from the wedding? The colors are so christmas card perfect!