Ella is still using the potty....for peeing anyway. We still need to work on going poop. She rarely pees her pants. When at home, she does good at telling me she has to go or she just starts taking off her pants and underwear. There have been a few times she has even gone into the bathroom and gone by herself. When we are out and about, she still doesn't always tell me she has to go, but as long as I take her, she does good. She stays dry for long periods of time. So I think she has the peeing down. Now if only we could get the pooping down. I can usually tell when Ella is trying to go poop, so I rush her to the bathroom. Usually she doesn't go, but a couple times she's gotten just a little bit out. One day this past week, she was naked before getting dressed in the morning and she did actually run in the bathroom and go poop all by herself. Of course, the next day she pooped in her underwear. She does usually poop when she first wakes up in the morning or after nap, but there are plenty of other times she goes poop, too. I'm not sure if she is scared to go on the potty or if she just doesn't quite get it yet. She's still young and doing better than I ever expected, so we'll keep trying!
On another potty training note, Andrew is so cute with her! He always wants to help her and go with her. When she goes, he says, "Yay Ella. Good job Ella." He has been encouraging and congratulating her. It's so cute! Any time she goes when I'm not in there, he runs in and says, "Mom, Ella went pee on the potty" like he's so proud of her! What a good big brother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment