I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and definitely ready to meet our newest addition. We have decided to name him Luke Christopher. Luke is literally the only name (out of hundreds I looked through) we could both agree on. Christopher is after my dad. I've always really liked the name Luke and Luke is my favorite gospel in the Bible, so I am happy we decided on it. There is also a good chance this will be my dad's last grandson, so I'm happy we were able to name him after my dad.
Luke is doing very well. I think the last time I posted about him was after our 20 week ultrasound when they had found a cyst on his brain. I had an ultrasound at 34 weeks and the cyst was gone....praise God. He looked perfect once again on the 34 week ultrasound and no signs of any cysts. The tech got a picture of him giving us thumps up. Matt said he was just letting us know that everything was okay. He was measuring a little big, so I'm really hoping he comes early. I have always thought the due date my doctor gave me was a little late and since my 34 week ultrasound was measuring me a week ahead, I really think he'll come early. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I am so very ready!! I can't complain too much because I have always had healthy, fairly easy pregnancies, but the exhaustion level of being pregnant while caring for 2 other very active kids is so much different than when you are pregnant with your first. I don't remember being this huge (although I know I was) or this uncomfortable. He has made his way head down and is now always in my ribs. I feel like my ribs are bruised all the way across. I am so very ready to not be swollen, always sweating, and to sleep on my stomach!!
Other than being physically ready, I am also getting very excited to meet Luke. I can't wait to see what he looks like. Andrew thinks he is going to have red hair and Ella thinks he is going to have black hair. Anything is possible, so we will see. The ultrasound did show a layer of fuzz all around his head, so he does have hair. I'm just as excited and anxious to meet him as I was with Andrew and Ella. It never gets old. I can't wait to hold him, see what he looks like, and experience the newborn phase all over again (even the tough parts).
I don't feel like I can make it another 4 weeks, but I'm sure I will manage just fine. I still have a few things left to do, but hopefully in the next week, we'll be officially ready. Not that I think he'll come that early, but we are super excited for the day he does come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment