Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Clean House

I have spent all of August trying to clean and organize my house to get ready for baby #3. I started the first week of August with the kids' rooms and ended this week with the kitchen. I still have a few minor details to finish up, but for the most part, my house hasn't been this clean or organized since the day we moved in. I have vacuumed every corner top and bottom, air vents, wiped baseboards, shampooed carpets, and organized everything. It feels great to know everything is clean, but I am tired for sure. I haven't ever quite nested this much, but I figured my house needed a good cleaning and if it hadn't gotten done with 2 kids yet, it certainly wouldn't get done with 3. I am also getting very nervous about having 3 kids and having time for each one, so I think that drove my motivation to get it done before the baby is born. I would like to have the adjustment period of being able to spend quality time with Andrew, Ella, and the baby without worrying about or stressing over a messy house. That's not to say my house won't get dirty. I have a 4 and 2 year old, it is bound to get dirty! But my hope is to be able to keep up on the basics easily now that it has been deep cleaned. Since it did take me an entire month to make it through the house, not everything was cleaned all at the same time. So my goal is to do one more overall good cleaning (normal, but good) at about 38 weeks, so it will be right before the baby is born. I didn't blog much in August since I spent most of my free time cleaning and was so exhausted by the end of the day I couldn't do much else. Now that the hard work is over, my goal is to update the blog about each of the kids.

No comments: