Two weeks ago Matt was off work Monday and Wednesday. The weather was supposed to be gorgeous on Wednesday, so we planned a trip to the zoo. Andrew got sick on Tuesday....throwing up with a fever. Wednesday morning he still had a fever. I gave him some Tylenol and soon he was up and about as normal. We waited until after lunch to be sure his fever didn't come back and he kept down all his food. Andrew kept saying he felt fine and wanted to go to the zoo. I was worried he was just saying that because he knew we had plans to go to the zoo, but he had been playing like normal all morning, so we went. As we were driving to the zoo, I think it hit him again. He actually fell asleep, which is really unusual for him. But he insisted that he still wanted to go and felt fine. So we still went. It was a short trip, though. Andrew definitely didn't feel the best. He kept wanting to take breaks and wouldn't walk. Despite not feeling too great, we had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect, and it was so nice to be outside! The animals were loving the weather too and that made for some really cool things to see.
Ella was having a great time! This is her and Daddy in front of the waterfall.
The baby elephants were so cute! We got to watch them suck water up their trunks and then put it in their mouths to drink. Andrew and Ella thought that was pretty cool.
One of our many breaks. Poor Andrew....you can tell he doesn't feel the best. Luke and Ella were all smiles, though.
The coolest part....the "Daddy" lion actually roared! I have never heard a lion roar in real life before and I have to say it was a little freaky. I definitely would not want to hear that in the wild. I knew he couldn't get us and it still gave me the chills. It was so deep and loud. You could feel the vibrations from it. He roared for quite a while. Then he laid down, let out a few more roars, and put his head down.
After the Daddy lion laid down, the Mommy lion got up and came over to him. They were rubbing heads and licking each others' faces. It was so sweet. I didn't get the camera out in time, though, so I just have them standing by each other.
The Mommy and Baby Leopard were so cute, too! They were playing with each other. They kept sneaking up on the other and pouncing. The mommy scared the baby once and he jumped straight into the air.
The bears were active too. Ella kept saying she only wanted to see baby bears. I think she thought we were going to be close to them because once we saw these 2 huge bears, she was fine.
We really didn't see too much....the lions, elephants, bears, monkeys, and little animals in between all those. It was Luke's first trip to the zoo. He was much more interested in watching all the people around us and flashing them his dimply smile. He did notice one of the monkeys because he was climbing right in front of us. He watched it for a while, but then found more people who were looking at him smiling. Other than Andrew not feeling too well, it was a fun family day. I'm looking forward to more trips to the zoo this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment