Monday, May 30, 2011

8 Months

Since I blogged Luke's 7 month post a little late, there isn't much more he is doing. His first tooth has finally popped through. It's the lower left one. He has clapped his hands a couple times. He also does the "So Big" motions. He doesn't always do it on command, but you will randomly see him lift his arms up. With both clapping and "So Big", when we do it trying to get Luke to copy us, he just looks at us with a little grin like "Yeah I know how to do it, but I'm just going to see how many times you'll do it first". =)

Luke is pulling up and standing on everything. He has also taken a couple steps with his walking toy. He is so proud of himself when he does it. He walks inward, so I'm hoping that doesn't turn into anything. I'm sure it won't be long before he is cruising around the house. I also don't think I've written about Luke pushing around the trucks and tractors. He can crawl or walk on his knees while pushing them all over the house. It's one of his favorite things to do.

Now that Luke is really fast at crawling and has mastered pulling up and standing, he is really getting into playing with Andrew and Ella. He loves them and watches them everywhere they go. He always wants to be right in the middle of what they are doing. It is so sweet and cute. Andrew and Ella are pretty good at letting him play with them. They do like to try to make him follow them by taking a truck or tractor Luke is playing with and pushing it around the house so Luke will follow them. Luke can't keep up though, so I usually suggest they find something else to do. He does follow them where ever they go and watches closely with his big eyes. This week I am going to start getting rid of most of the baby toys because Luke doesn't play with them anymore. If I try to hand him a baby toy, he barely even looks at it. He would much rather play with Andrew and Ella's toys. It is so fun to watch the 3 of them interact and see how much Luke loves being with them.

No comments: