Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a Wonderful Afternoon

This afternoon after Andrew and Ella woke up from their naps we went outside and played for a couple hours. I took a big quilt outside in the grass for Ella. She rolled around, played with her toys, watched Andrew run around, and loved being outside. I took Andrew's tee ball set and football outside for him. He had a great time. He played baseball for awhile, then football, then mowed the yard, played on his slide, ran around, did somersaults, and acted a little silly. Andrew and I chased and tackled each other for a long time...until I got tired. I think I'm in pretty good shape, but Andrew has much more endurance and energy than I do. He would run, grab my neck, tackle me, and then practically body slam me. He loved being chased. He ran as fast as he could and then I would tackle him to the ground and he would laugh. Ella had a great time watching from the sidelines. Andrew was doing great hitting the baseball also. It was going pretty far. Andrew was definitely having great time being outside.

The weather was gorgeous and thankfully our backyard is half shade in the afternoon. In between chasing Andrew and playing baseball with him, I was able to enjoy the great weather and shade with Ella on the quilt. Ella was so happy to be outside and she was babbling to me and we played Firebumper, which always gets a laugh out of her. I think we all had a great time. It was very good quality time with my kids for me...something I don't feel like I get enough of, so it was a wonderful afternoon for me. I loved the weather, I loved watching Andrew run around and be a kid, I loved having a few one on one moments with both of them and also the moments of us 3 together, and I loved our laughs. What a wonderful afternoon!!

No comments: