Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Sweetest Word

This morning when I went to leave for Stroller Strides class, my van would not start. The battery was completely dead and it wouldn't even turn over. Ella was already in her car seat and I left her in there as I was trying to find a sub instructor and call my mom to borrow her car. Ella was not happy about having to sit in her car seat and she started jabbering kind of frustratingly. And guess what came out..."Ma, Ma, Ma". Now I know that she was not intently saying "Ma Ma" knowing that I was Mama. But it is still so sweet to hear that word. It was the first time she had ever said it. I think I have slightly heard the Da sound and the Ga sound from her, but not quite as clear as the Ma I heard today. In the midst of all the chaos, hearing her say that definitely made me smile.

No comments: