There were 2 Vacation Bible Schools I was planning to send Andrew to this summer. Last week was the first one, and it was not successful. I dropped him off on Monday, and I had to sit with him for 45 minutes until I finally left, as he was crying. I didn't take him back the rest of the week. He said he wanted to go back, but when we pulled into the parking lot on Tuesday, he started crying and asking to go home. I talked to him for several minutes and just did not feel good about making him go. He seemed truly scared and upset about going. I was worried about taking him again this week, but I really wanted him to go to this one because it is at the church where he will go to preschool in the fall.
Thankfully, this week has been MUCH better. The environment is much more calm, welcoming, and familiar than last week, which I think helped a lot. Monday when I dropped him off, he seemed a little hesitant, but he did not cry. He kind of just stood there looking at the other kids, but I was able to walk out without him grabbing onto my neck and crying. That made it much easier for me to leave. When I picked him up on Monday, his teacher was he did fine but he was really quiet and didn't want his picture taken (his uncooperative side!). As the week has gone on, his teacher has said he does better every day. By Tuesday, he was already talking to them and participating in all the activities. It is a HUGE relief that he is doing so well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment