After a couple days of Little Gabriella throwing a fit when I tried to put a diaper on her, I decided to give potty training a chance. I really was not ready to potty train her. It takes so much time and dedication and I just didn't feel like diving into it yet. But yesterday I knew we would be home pretty much all day, so when she threw a fit about the diaper after waking up, I decided to just see what would happen if she wore underwear. Ella stays dry for quite a while, so I knew I wouldn't need to take her a lot. About every hour, I would ask her if she needed to go potty. She would always want to; sometimes she would go and sometimes she wouldn't. We went to Wal-Mart for a few other things, so I bought her some Dora underwear while we were there. Of course, she loved them and wanted to wear Dora! By the end of last night, she had peed on the potty 4 times and had only one accident. She did pee in her diaper while running errands and during nap time. This morning she of course wanted to wear Dora again. She peed several times on the potty today (I lost count), pooped a tiny bit on the potty, and had one accident this morning. Again, she did pee and poop in her diaper while at the doctor and during nap. The last time she went pee this evening, she actually told me she had to go. She had her jammies and diaper on for bed time, said "Potty", and tried to take her jammies off. I took her to the bathroom and sure enough she peed.
I was not at all expecting her to be ready at this age, have a desire to do it, or ready to put the time and effort into it, but if she really is ready, I guess I should just let it happen. She's done really well the first two days, so we'll see if her interest continues. It would be super nice to have her potty trained, but I also know she is young and it might not happen just yet. I have always heard about kids who "train themselves". Maybe I got lucky and Ella is one of them. That would be nice! It is super cute to see her running around in underwear. She's so small and the underwear are really baggy. This morning she had her underwear, t-shirt, and play high heels. She thought she looked pretty cute....and she did! There is definitely a part of me that is hoping this is for real and she might actually be potty trained soon, but I'm also not going to be upset if it doesn't work out. We'll see!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment