Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What a Sweet Big Brother

Yesterday Ella stayed with our friends Christine and Robby while I helped at Andrew's preschool. I told Ella before we left that she could pick one baby or animal to take with her. Andrew came running out of his room with his Spiderman lunchbox full of cars and tractors. He gave it to Ella and told her it was for her to take to Robby's, so she would have something to play with. I told him Ella didn't need all of that because Robby had a lot of toys she could play with, but he insisted on taking it in the car. When I dropped Ella off, I just took her out of the car and grabbed her dog. Andrew told her not to forget his Spiderman lunchbox. I again explained she didn't need it and took Ella inside. When I got back in the van, Andrew was holding his Spiderman lunchbox to the side of his car seat and his eyes were filled with tears. When I asked him what was wrong, he started crying and said, "I put this together for Ella for her to take to Robby's". He was so sad she didn't take his lunchbox. I thought it was so sweet that he put it together for her and wanted her to take it. And I felt terrible that he was so sad about it. When we picked Ella up, I let Andrew take in his lunchbox and play with Robby for a while. He felt a little better after that. What a sweetie pie, though!

No comments: