Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Show and Tell

Andrew's preschool has been doing Show and Tell in January and February. On Andrew's first turn, he took part of his farm set. He wanted to take the whole thing, but I eventually talked him into the tractor, square baler, round baler, hay, and one horse. He also took pictures of when he farmed with Papa this past fall. I happened to be the helper that day, which I wasn't sure would be a good thing or a bad thing. I thought he'd do better if I wasn't around, so I got snack ready while he started. I eventually came back in the room while he was still taking his turn. He was talking so quietly that I don't think Miss Penny knew what he was saying. He answered the questions the other kids asked, but didn't say much more. Miss Penny didn't realize it was Andrew in the combine in the pictures while he was showing everyone, so they passed a few around during snack time too, so everyone could see Andrew helping Papa drive the combine.

For his 2nd turn, Andrew wanted to take his scooter and helmet. I didn't get to see him do this one, but he said he talked really loud. Miss Penny said he did great. She said he has been talking and joining in discussions much more frequently, which is good to hear!

No comments: