Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fabulous Four

Andrew turned 4 last Sunday! I've heard people describe four as the "Fabulous Fours" (you know similar to "Terrible Twos" only better!). Well, I'm hoping they are right.....I would love some fabulous fours! Aside from that, Andrew had a GREAT birthday!! His birthday was on Easter this year. I knew Easter would be busy, so I decided to do his birthday on Friday with family. We had family over Friday night and just did cake and ice cream. It was a fun night! We got to be outside for a while, but then it rained. We had cake & ice cream, Andrew opened his gifts, we hung out, and had a great time. Andrew had so much playing with Ryleigh (of course!), playing with his new toys, and getting to see everyone.



Andrew and Ryleigh before we sang and blew out candles. Andrew wanted a Spiderman cake. This is my easy Spiderman cake. You'll see Grammy's Spiderman cake in the next post....much better! Andrew got embarrassed when we started singing to him, so he had to put his arm around Ryleigh and hug her. It was so cute. He was also very nice and saved some of his candles for Ryleigh to blow out (what a sweetie!).

Andrew got a lot of Spiderman, Batman, and Superman toys, shirts, and pajamas....just what he wanted! He loved all his new toys.


We bought Andrew Toy Story 1 and 2. I have to mention that the sticker says $29.99, but I actually got each movie for only $7.50 a piece (thanks to a friend). We let him open it on Saturday, so he could watch it. He had never seen the movies before, but he really enjoyed watching them. The movies came with free movie tickets for Toy Story 3, so it will be fun to take him to the theater when it comes out.

Saturday he had a birthday party with his friends at My Gym (see next post). Sunday, his actual birthday, we were busy with Easter, but we still tried to make it exciting that he was officially four. He had been waiting a long time to turn four, so he was pretty excited. He was really excited to go to the yellow room at church Sunday morning. Since turning four, he says, "Four year old kids......". It's funny. Something new he does or thinks he should be able to do, he just adds the "Four year old kids can do that". I cannot believe that he is actually four, but I'm looking forward to what this year brings for him. He truly is a special little boy!


No comments: