Saturday, April 17, 2010
Two Hours
Just so that Andrew can know when he is older how stubborn he was as a kid, I am posting this story: Earlier this week, Andrew dumped an entire bucket of papers at the bottom of the steps. I told him he needed to pick it up. He sat at the bottom of the steps and played around for awhile. He told me it was too much for him to pick up and that he was too tired. So I gave him the option of sitting on the couch, with no toys, books, food, drinks, pillows, blankets, tv, nothing, or to pick up the papers. He chose to sit on the couch and he stayed there for TWO HOURS! I couldn't believe it. This is a kid who cannot sit still for longer than 10 minutes. He did do a few somersaults on the couch and flop around, but he stayed on the couch. He also whined, which was very annoying. He got up a couple times to pick the papers up, but never actually did. Finally after two hours, he decided he would pick them up. It took him less than 5 minutes to pick up the papers....after sitting on the couch for 2 hours! Just doesn't make sense to me, but they are stubborn little creatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment