Here is a picture of him from the 2nd time we tried with no training wheels. It was getting dark, so I'll have to take some better pictures and post them. At this point, we still had to help him get going and he only rode a little ways. I'll have to try to get some pics of how well he is doing now.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
No More Training Wheels
Andrew can officially ride his bike with no training wheels!! We took them off a couple weeks ago to see how it would go. At first, he would only go about 100 feet and then stop. I think he started feeling off balance and got scared, so he would just stop. But only two weeks later, he is riding all over the subdivision. He can start by himself (although that part is still a little wobbly), turn around, go fast, and stop all without falling. I can't believe how good he is doing and how fast he can go without the training wheels. I think he goes faster now than he did with the training wheels. He is so proud of himself. He talks about how he can ride his bike with no training wheels. Any time we see other kids on bikes that don't have training wheels, Andrew says, "Look, he doesn't have training wheels just like me." When we are walking and he goes ahead of us and we yell to stop, he does stop a little too fast. This led to his first bike crash. He hit his brakes so hard that he skid and fell over. He got a pretty good asphalt burn on his elbow and scratched up his knee a little. But he got up and got right back on. He's doing great and now always asks to ride his bike!
Here is a picture of him from the 2nd time we tried with no training wheels. It was getting dark, so I'll have to take some better pictures and post them. At this point, we still had to help him get going and he only rode a little ways. I'll have to try to get some pics of how well he is doing now.
Here is a picture of him from the 2nd time we tried with no training wheels. It was getting dark, so I'll have to take some better pictures and post them. At this point, we still had to help him get going and he only rode a little ways. I'll have to try to get some pics of how well he is doing now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment