Monday, October 11, 2010

Ella and Baby Lukey

Ella has done a pretty good job with Luke too. She has had a few more jealousy behaviors than Andrew, but overall she still loves Luke, or Baby Lukey as she likes to call him. I was a little worried that Ella would want to help too much, but I think her little bit of jealousy diminishes that some. She does still like to get Luke his diapers, wipes, and binky, but she's not all over him like I thought she might be. She does get in his face a lot and tries to bounce him too much in his bouncy seat. I think some of her behavior is just to get our attention. It probably didn't help that I couldn't pick her up or even hold her with comfort the first week. This week she has been much better than last week.

Ella does like to hold Luke, but she doesn't usually last too long holding him. When he is awake, she always talks to him and says, "Hey Buddy". She thinks it is pretty funny when I do Pat-A-Cake with him. I've heard her sing the ABCs for him. She has been a great big sister. She just needed a little time to adjust to sharing her time. I think it will be great to see how she takes care of him and teaches him things as he gets older. I can totally see Luke getting pulled into doing a lot of things Ella wants to do. :)




The next two pictures are from a day when Andrew was at school. Ella, Luke, and I were playing in her room. She thought it was pretty cool that Baby Luke was hanging out in her room on her bed. She even pretended to be taking a nap with him (2nd picture). Then she was a little upset that he didn't really get to take a nap in her bed. (And yes Ella has a swimsuit on over her shirt...she was pretending to swim.)

No comments: