Saturday, October 30, 2010

One Month Already!

Luke was one month old this past Wednesday. So hard to believe! He had his one month check up yesterday. He certainly isn't having any trouble gaining weight. He was 22 inches (50th percentile) and 10 lbs 14 oz (75th percentile). He's about 1/2 inch taller and almost 2 pounds heavier than Andrew at this age. He does seem longer, but he doesn't really seem that chubby, so I don't know where those 2 extra pounds are. Dr. Hammer said he looked perfect. He's been a little stuffy, especially at night, so she gave us some suggestions for that and I'm hoping for some better nights of sleep.

Luke is as cute as ever, of course! Some people think he looks like Andrew and some think he looks like Ella. I can see both of them in him, but he does have his own look. Andrew really wants Luke to look like him. I told Luke that he was starting to look like pictures we have hanging up of Ella. Andrew said, "No, I want him to look like me." Luke is starting to smile. When you talk to him, he gets a happy look on his face and you can get a few smiles out of him. I'm waiting for the day when he lights up every time we talk to him. He has a serious face, too. He furrows his eyebrows a lot when he looks around.

He is definitely my cuddly one. He has loved to be held since he was born. He prefers to cuddle when he is sleeping. I can lay him down once he's asleep and he will stretch, squirm, grunt, and fuss. As soon as I pick him up and cuddle him in bed, the grunting stops and he is sound asleep. While I do really enjoy cuddling with him, I'm ready to sleep all curled up in any position I want. He really is so sweet to cuddle, though.

The last month has definitely been busy and tiring, but Luke has already brought lots of love to our family. Andrew and Ella adore him. Andrew wants to hold him when he wakes up and as soon as he gets home from school. There was a lot of adjusting the first couple weeks, but we seem to be getting into a routine. Other than being tired from lack of sleep, I'm starting to feel normal again. The c-section was definitely a much different, longer, and harder recovery than I'm used to. I was getting a bit cranky about it, as some of you know. It was getting frustrating not to be able to do all the things I needed to do without my incision burning. It finally stopped burning right before Luke turned 3 weeks old. My skin is still a little sensitive, but I feel somewhat normal again. I feel like I could exercise again one day soon. Actually, I'm really looking forward to exercising again. I'm hoping it gives me a little more energy and of course helps me lose the baby weight.

We look forward to our next month with Baby Luke. It's going fast and all the fun milestones will start happening before we know it!

No comments: