Luke turned 4 months old this week! He had his 4 month check up on Friday. He is 25 1/4 inches tall and 14 pounds 13 ounces, both in the 50th percentile. He and Andrew are actually the same length, but Luke now weighs a little less than Andrew at 4 months. As always, Luke is still a happy, easy going baby. He is getting better at sitting. He does really well with the tripod sit and is probably close to sitting on his own. He still hasn't rolled from his back to belly, but does well going from his belly to his back. He plays great with his toys now. He reaches out for anything and everything that comes close to him and can hold most objects. He does better with soft toys, but the last few days he has done well with hard objects too. Of course, anything he gets his hands on, goes straight to the mouth. He is great at pulling hair, including Ella's. I hear several times a day, "Mom, he's pulling my hair", "Mom, I need help. He has my hair".
Luke loves social interaction. He likes for you to talk to him and he likes to talk back. He has some pretty loud noises. I think he knows he needs to be loud to be heard over the other two (especially Chatty Ella). He can also blow raspberries. We worked on it for quite some time. He started a month ago sticking out his tongue and then he would blow his lips, but couldn't do it at the same time. Now he does pretty good. If you blow a raspberry, he will try to do it back. He loves Andrew and Ella. They give him lots of attention. Ella is hilarious when she talks to him, but she always gets him to smile. He lights up when she comes around. Luke is very smiley and giggles a little more each day.
Luke is still as sweet as ever and such a good baby. He sleeps great! He goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. The earliest I have to feed him is 5 or 5:30. He has made it to 6 or later a few times. Then he goes back to sleep until between 7 and 8. We moved him to this crib and he is doing great. Once in a while, I do have to get up to give him his binky, but even that has become less often over the last week. He still goes to sleep all on his own....no nursing or rocking needed. I do try to rock him for a few minutes before nap time because I think he deserves that cuddle quiet time and because I love it, but if we are at someone else's house, he will lay down and go to sleep. People always comment on how happy he is and what a great baby he is. I agree....he has been such a joy to have in our lives the past 4 months.
Luke loves social interaction. He likes for you to talk to him and he likes to talk back. He has some pretty loud noises. I think he knows he needs to be loud to be heard over the other two (especially Chatty Ella). He can also blow raspberries. We worked on it for quite some time. He started a month ago sticking out his tongue and then he would blow his lips, but couldn't do it at the same time. Now he does pretty good. If you blow a raspberry, he will try to do it back. He loves Andrew and Ella. They give him lots of attention. Ella is hilarious when she talks to him, but she always gets him to smile. He lights up when she comes around. Luke is very smiley and giggles a little more each day.
Luke is still as sweet as ever and such a good baby. He sleeps great! He goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. The earliest I have to feed him is 5 or 5:30. He has made it to 6 or later a few times. Then he goes back to sleep until between 7 and 8. We moved him to this crib and he is doing great. Once in a while, I do have to get up to give him his binky, but even that has become less often over the last week. He still goes to sleep all on his own....no nursing or rocking needed. I do try to rock him for a few minutes before nap time because I think he deserves that cuddle quiet time and because I love it, but if we are at someone else's house, he will lay down and go to sleep. People always comment on how happy he is and what a great baby he is. I agree....he has been such a joy to have in our lives the past 4 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment