Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What Sweet Brothers

Ella scrapped the back of her heel a couple days ago and today it was hurting her (though you would have thought she broke her leg with the way she was acting). She woke up from her nap crying, walking on her tiptoes, needing a band aid for her heel. She was almost inconsolable. She would not stop crying. Sweet little Luke got really upset when he heard her crying. He kept sticking out his lip and frowning, trying really hard not to cry. Eventually, he lost it and started crying loudly (which is really rare for him). It was kind of sweet. I sat with Ella for a while, but she just kept crying. I needed to feed Luke, so I asked Andrew if he would help me with Ella. Andrew got Ella a pillow, blanket, and Mousey, so she could lay down on the couch next to me. Then he filled up her water and brought her some toys. It was SO sweet! If Luke had been able to, I think he would have done those things too. He didn't like that Ella was so upset. If Ella has two brothers that always take care of her like that, she really will think she is a princess.

No comments: