Gabriella turned one a week ago today. I still can't believe she is actually one! On her birthday, Andrew, Gabriella, and I went to Purina Farms and then to Robertsville State Park for a picnic. We weren't at Purina Farms very long. Andrew walked right through and was done. Ella liked the animals. She just kept pointing and making noises. She baaa'ed at the sheep and moo'ed at the cow. It was really funny to watch her pet the horse. She wanted to, but didn't want to. She would laugh and then kind of let out a little whine. We planned to go to Shaw Nature Reserve, but when I pulled up, I realized it would be better for a day when we had more time. Instead, we drove to Robertsville State Park and had lunch. Andrew played for awhile, but it was hot and Ella was tired, so we didn't stay long. When Daddy got home, we let Ella open her gifts from us. Andrew got her a doll, and Matt and I got her a Dora chair, a book, and a Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Mailbox. She wasn't really into opening her gifts, but loved playing with them once they were open (that is when her big brother let her!). Gabriella LOVES her baby. She carries her around, gives her kisses and hugs, feeds her, and always wants to hold her.
We had Ella's party on Saturday. She had a lot of fun. The weather was thankfully gorgeous and we were outside most of the party. She had two friends come, Carter and Ryan. She enjoyed being outside. We had BBQ and then let Ella have her birthday cake. At first, it was just a dip in the icing with her thumb, but she eventually started getting her hands in it. I had to push her along a little. She liked the icing...not sure if she even made it to the cake. Andrew and Ryleigh helped her toward the end. Grammy made a butterfly cake, flower cupcakes, and Ella's own special "1" cake. They were all really cute! Next came presents. Again, really not too interested. Andrew and his friends opened most of them for her. She got a lot of very cute clothes! I think the only toys she got were a MagnaDoodle, a riding horse, a Barbie, and a jack in the box. The rest were clothes, which is good...we have enough toys. She also got a baby swing to go on our new swing set, which she loves! It was a really fun party. Ella went to bed early that night!
Here are some pictures of Ella eating her cake:

No comments:
Post a Comment