Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Look Who's Talking Now!
I can't believe it is even time for me to write a post about the words Ella is saying! Of course, her "words" aren't quite yet something everyone can understand, but I know what she is saying. I have an old t-shirt from high school with 3 ducks on it that I still wear to bed (which Andrew and Ella both love). The other morning when I got Ella out of her crib, she pointed to my shirt, and said "du". All morning she just kept saying "du". She had said "du" before in the bathtub by repeating after me, but this time she did it all on her own. She saw the duck on my shirt and said "du". Yesterday in Walgreens she was pointing to something and saying "baooo". I looked up and there were balloons! Again, she said it totally on her own without me saying it first. It is the cutest thing when she tries to say balloon! She also says baww for ball, baba for baby, ma, da, cow, and yum. There are a few other words that she has repeated when I say them but it hasn't been consistent, such as out, Daddy, that, dog, and Andrew (which sounds like ahhooo). Ella also knows to moo for a cow and baa for a sheep. If you quack, she will repeat it, but she doesn't know yet what to do when you ask her "What's a duck say?" like she does when we ask her what a cow says or a sheep says. Those are all the words I can think of right now, but I know they'll be more coming! She tries repeating everything I say, but those are most of the ones that have been somewhat understandable and consistent. She has the cutest, sweetest little voice and it's so cute to listen to her try to talk. I just still can't believe she's that old!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment