Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dora Live!

For some reason, I cannot get the pictures and words moved around, so the pictures are first (and out of order) and then our story about seeing Dora Live.Ryleigh and Andrew outside the Fox before the show started.

Andrew and Ryleigh - so cute!

Andrew and Ryleigh after the show with their dolls Grammy bought.

Andrew enjoying his popcorn and waiting for the show to start.

Ryleigh, Grammy, and Andrew


Last Saturday, Andrew and I went with Aunt Melanie, Ryleigh, and Grammy to see Dora Live at the Fox. Andrew LOVES Dora. He watches it once a day (we have over 2o of them on DVR). Dora is what he watches while I lay Ella down for a nap. He was really excited to go. I wasn't sure how he would do. We've never done anything like that or even taken him to a movie. Andrew isn't much of a "sit down" kid. I was surprised at how much he enjoyed it and impressed at how well he sat still. We bought some popcorn and he sat in his booster seat and watched. When they came out, he was really interested, moving his head to make sure he could see. At home, when he sees Swiper, he always says, "Swiper, no swiping, Swiper, no swiping". At intermission, he said, "Mom, I don't want to say it." He didn't want to interact like he does at home when he watches it on T.V., but that is normal Andrew. He was definitely still into it. He would talk to me about what they were doing, who he saw, etc. I just couldn't believe how still he was and how much he watched it. He sat on my lap about half way through. He just sat back and watched. After intermission, Diego came! That was exciting for Andrew. We had been talking and wondering if Diego would come and he did! The show was really cute and I enjoyed watching it. Andrew had so much fun and of course loved that Ryleigh was there. Grammy bought Andrew a Diego doll afterward, which is really cute. I think Andrew had a great time. I'm glad we went! And glad we went with Mel, Ryleigh, and Grammy. It was SO fun!

No comments: