Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Back Online!

Last Monday I was working on the Internet, went up stairs for about an hour, came back down and our computer had a blue screen. I did a hard shut down and nothing! It wouldn't restart for anything....then the hard drive actually started clicking. We took it to a local computer shop and they unfortunately were unable to recover the data from our hard drive. An even bigger unfortunately is that I had not backed up our data. I lost about a year's worth of photos and all of my Stroller Strides files. Needless to say, I was devastated!! I certainly learned the hard way to back up my computer!

I have hope that another company will be able to retrieve my files, but it is going to be extremely expensive. I was so upset about the situation...I was sick to my stomach for 2 days, couldn't sleep for 2 nights, and couldn't concentrate. Finally, Matt said, "If the pictures mean that much to you, we'll find a way to pay to get them off." That helped so much! Someone my mom knows is looking at it for us right now and if he can't figure it out, we are sending it to a specialist in California. I pray somehow we can get the pictures...and in the cheapest way possible.

The one good thing that came out of it is a new computer. We desperately needed a new computer but kept putting it off because we couldn't afford it. (Obviously, this wasn't the best case scenario because not only do we have to pay for a new computer, we have to pay twice that to retrieve data from our old one.) But it is nice to have a new computer. I went an entire week without the computer and Internet, which is very difficult when you run a business off your computer and 99% of it requires the Internet. So now I'm back online and hope to catch up on my blogging!

No comments: