Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ella's Babies

Ella LOVES her babies! At about 9 months (or maybe before...isn't it sad I can't remember 3 months ago?) Ella became really interested in her babies. At first she just started kissing and hugging them when I said "Love your baby". Then she started carrying them around everywhere! She had a couple small babies she had gotten for Christmas and Andrew had a bigger doll that she loved playing with. Now she loves, kisses, hugs, feeds, and doesn't let go of her babies. She sits in her Dora chair and pretends to rock them. Andrew bought her a baby with a bottle for her birthday. She immediately knew what to do (which is great considering she's only had a bottle a few times). She gives her babies bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, and pretends to feed them with spoons and forks. She has two small, soft babies that she sleeps with. She snuggles up with them and her blankie. She is not willing to give them up. If I forget to get the babies while we are reading and getting ready for bed, she will stand in her crib until I get the babies. Once I hand her the babies she lays right down with them. She carries a baby with her for the majority of her day. They are definitely a comfort object for her, too. At church (which she really doesn't like!) she holds onto babies the entire time. The teachers say she doesn't let go! I just can't believe how much she loves the babies and how much she does with them at such a young age. It really does seem natural. It is certainly different than Andrew. Ella is such a sweet little girl and I love watching her play with her babies. I know it will only get better. And I can't wait to see how she does with a new baby brother or sister ;). (No, I'm not pregnant.)

No comments: