Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How Embarrassing!

Andrew is usually a quiet little guy. He doesn't talk much when we are in public places, and when he does, he's usually quiet and shy about it. Yesterday was different! We went to the doctor to get a flu shot. We were there for 55 minutes...for a flu shot...but that's a different story. Andrew and I were in the waiting room, and it was a quiet waiting room. He pointed at something behind us, so I turned to look. As I looked, Andrew said (loudly), "Mom, that man have funny hair." Oh man...so embarrassing. When I had turned to look, the guy wasn't even looking in our direction, so I'm hoping that he had no idea what Andrew said or that Andrew was talking about him. I know someone had to have known what he said and who he was talking about. I quickly distracted him with pictures on my phone. I know my face was red. I quietly explained we don't say those things and tried to keep him quiet for the remainder of sitting in the waiting room. That was the first time something happened to me like that and hope the last (although, I know that is doubtful). They are honest little creatures.

No comments: