Saturday, December 19, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Cutting down the Christmas tree is one of my most favorite traditions. I loved going when I was a kid, and it was one tradition I was going to make sure I kept with my kids. I love having a real tree and cutting it down. This year we went to Heritage Valley Tree Farm. We went the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it was in the 60s! We were actually sweating after the long walk and pulling the kids and tree. I have to say it was very nice not to be freezing and not to have to be bundled in coats, but it didn't feel as Christmasy. The selection wasn't great. They had some tall trees, but none of them were very full. We found the best one we could and cut it down. It is one of the smallest (maybe the smallest) tree we've ever had, but it is still pretty. And, of course, we still had a great time cutting it down and decorating it. Andrew and Gabriella were both able to participate in decorating this year. Andrew did a great job decorating the bottom half. We had a few spots with multiple ornaments, but overall it looked great.

Andrew and Ella riding in the sled to the tree lot.

Andrew helping Daddy pull the tree.

Daddy cutting down our tall but skinny tree :).


Andrew and Ella helping decorate.
I just realized I don't have a picture of the final product, so I'll take one soon and post it.

No comments: