We visited Santa a few different times this year. I knew Ella wouldn't be too fond of him, so I wanted to try to get her to warm up to him. The first time we went was at the mall after Stroller Strides. As we were standing in line, Ella got a tighter grip on me the closer we got. By the time we were next in line, she had her head on my shoulder. Andrew didn't even want to sit on Santa's lap, so we just stood next to him. Ella started shaking a little and crying, but it didn't last too long. She didn't want to go near him, but she stared at him and gave him a high five from afar. Andrew didn't really talk to him, but he also gave him a high five.
About a week later, we went to Snacks with Santa through our PAT program. I wanted to try for a picture, but neither would sit on his lap. We did get a picture of me standing with the kids next to Santa. Andrew again wouldn't talk to Santa and would only give him a high five...no hug or sitting on his lap. Ella didn't cry until I tried to sit her on Santa's lap.
Our final visit was at the City of Union's Christmas Party. I knew I wasn't taking them to the mall or anywhere else that cost money to get a picture with Santa because it just wasn't worth the money when I knew Ella would not cooperate. So I really wanted a picture with the kids sitting on Santa's lap so I had something from this year. I knew it would have to be a very quick picture. I had my mom sit them on Santa's lap and I clicked the camera. The first picture below is what we got. Ella screaming and trying to get away. At least it is something. Andrew stayed on Santa's lap, though, and we got a really cute picture of him. He also actually talked to this Santa. Of course, when Santa asked what he wanted, he said "4-wheeler". I sure hope he's not disappointed on Christmas morning when he doesn't get a a 4-wheeler.
About a week later, we went to Snacks with Santa through our PAT program. I wanted to try for a picture, but neither would sit on his lap. We did get a picture of me standing with the kids next to Santa. Andrew again wouldn't talk to Santa and would only give him a high five...no hug or sitting on his lap. Ella didn't cry until I tried to sit her on Santa's lap.
Our final visit was at the City of Union's Christmas Party. I knew I wasn't taking them to the mall or anywhere else that cost money to get a picture with Santa because it just wasn't worth the money when I knew Ella would not cooperate. So I really wanted a picture with the kids sitting on Santa's lap so I had something from this year. I knew it would have to be a very quick picture. I had my mom sit them on Santa's lap and I clicked the camera. The first picture below is what we got. Ella screaming and trying to get away. At least it is something. Andrew stayed on Santa's lap, though, and we got a really cute picture of him. He also actually talked to this Santa. Of course, when Santa asked what he wanted, he said "4-wheeler". I sure hope he's not disappointed on Christmas morning when he doesn't get a a 4-wheeler.

No comments:
Post a Comment