The other day Ella was saying "orange juice" and it so cute how she says it. Actually most everything she says is really cute. She has the cutest, sweetest voice. (Except for the moments where she is yelling "no" or "mine" to Andrew.) When Ella was saying "orange juice", Matt said he wished he could lock it up and keep it forever because he knows he'll forget one day how she said it. That is SO true!! I wish I could lock up and keep everything they do forever. I would like to say I will remember all the really cute stuff they did or said, but I know I won't. Andrew is only 3 and I can hardly remember what he was like as a baby or even at Ella's age. If I can't remember 2 years ago, I certainly won't remember in 20 years. I have baby books, this blog, and hopefully one day a scrapbook of pictures to help us remember the childhood years, but there are so many things that I now think about that I wish I could lock up and keep forever. I have video of Andrew up until he was 2 and Ella for 8 months, but then our video camera broke. Hopefully we can get a new one soon since that will probably be the best way to remember many of the things....their voices, actions, words, funny faces, all their cuteness.
I just thought the way Matt said it was a perfect description, so I had to write it down. It made me realize how fast they actually grow, how special these young years are, how blessed I am to experience all of this, how wonderful it is to be a mom, how much I appreciate staying home with them so I can see all of those "lock up and keep forever" moments, and of course how wonderful Andrew and Ella are! They both provide me with many smiles, laughs, joy, and love! Sometimes I wish I could lock them up and keep them forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment