Friday, August 28, 2009

Big Changes Coming

We have a lot of changes coming in the next couple of weeks, but they are all going to be great. Monday is my last day owning Stroller Strides. I'll still have some residual work to do, but nothing too major, which means I'll start to have more time with Matt, Andrew, and Ella. As of right now, I plan to still attend Stroller Strides about once a week. I am wondering what Andrew will think or say when we aren't going 2-3 days a week, or if he'll even notice. I haven't said much to him about it because I don't know that he realizes I "own" it and what it means that I won't own it. He has so much fun with his friends and that is what worries me most. Will he miss them? It seems sad to take him away from his friends, but hopefully still going once a week will ease his transition. We've only briefly talked about it once. I told Andrew I wouldn't own Stroller Strides anymore and we'd only be going once a week. Of course, he asked, "Why?" (When doesn't he ask why?!?!) I told him so I could spend more time with him and his eyes kind of light up and he said, "Ohhh". We'll see how it goes.

On another note for Andrew, he starts preschool in less than 2 weeks. He will be going on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9-11 at St. Paul's Lutheran Preschool. We had his open house this past Tuesday, and I think it is going to be so great for him. It looks like it will be such a fun year....field trips, being a room mother, meeting new friends, learning lots of new things. I will say when I saw my name under "Room Mother" it was weird. It made me feel kind of....well, old. But I am SO looking forward to it. It's going to be so much fun! I think he may be scared a little at first (he keeps asking me if I'm going to stay), but after a couple times, I think he will be totally okay. He's going to love it; I can tell!

Before we set into these changes, though, we are taking a vacation to Colorado. We will be camping in White River National Forest. We leave on Monday and will be gone for a week. My dad is coming with us. We used to camp there every year with my family and it was lots of fun. I am quite nervous about how it will be with Andrew and Ella, though....especially the drive!

No comments: