Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Feeling Good...

If you read my "One Really Long" post below you probably realized I wasn't doing too well that night. The good news is I'm feeling good now....feeling much better about where our family is headed in the near future. We have some big changes coming, but I think they are going to be great. I talked about how I've been feeling to a couple friends and their perspectives and support made me feel a little better. I also had another friend email me and she wrote something I really liked...to not look at things as "giving up" because it is only temporary, it will still be there in the future, you just have to choose what is NOW. I'm sure I'll still have moments where I miss owning Stroller Strides and it still might be hard to see certain things happen, but overall I feel good about my decision. I feel good about where I am NOW. Right now, my kids need me and I need them. There will always be the work/family balance that every mom experiences and never feels she fully accomplishes. I just have to be at peace with where I am in my life now and know everything is in God's hands. I am thankful I still get to be a part of Stroller Strides and spend time with the wonderful friends Andrew, Ella, and I have made. And actually now I get to do all the fun stuff without all the work :). Most importantly, I am thankful for my opportunity to focus on my family. I love them so much, and I am looking forward to falling in love again with all the things I've missed the past two years.

No comments: