Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Andrew's First Sleepover






A couple weekends ago Andrew had his first sleepover at Ryleigh's house. Melanie and I used to talk about their future sleepovers when they were babies. It's just so hard to believe they are old enough to actually start having them. Andrew and Ryleigh have both slept at Grammy's house together, but they hadn't stayed at each other's houses. Andrew actually hasn't stayed the night anywhere but Grammy's house. When I asked Andrew if he wanted to stay all night at Ryleigh's house, of course he said yes. He LOVES "his" Ryleigh (he calls her "My Ryleigh").

Melanie picked him up on Friday night and he was not at all hesitant to go. Melanie said they giggled and grin the whole way to Melanie's house. They played outside most of the night, got to make s'mores, have a popsicle, and watch Toy Story. I was a little worried about Andrew sleeping since he still comes in our room in the middle of the night, but Melanie said he did fine. She stayed in the room until they were both asleep and then Andrew went to Melanie's bed at about 4:30 and slept with her. They got to play some that morning and have breakfast before Melanie brought Andrew home.

Andrew said he had a great time and told me all the stuff he did. We are planning to let them have one every month and alternate houses. I can't wait for them to stay at our house. They are so cute together and really are best friends. I am so glad Andrew has Ryleigh in his life (and that Ella has Madison).

No comments: