Saturday, November 28, 2009

Deer Huntin'

We missed opening weekend for deer hunting this year because Matt had to go to Memphis for work. We went to the farm in Northern Missouri for the 2nd weekend. Papa and Uncle Tim went, too. Andrew was really excited to go deer huntin'. I was a little worried how the weekend would go since I wouldn't have anyone else to really hang out with. It wasn't too bad, though. The kids were really good. We got there late Friday night, so we hung out for a while and then went to bed. Saturday Andrew, Ella, and I visited with some of our family that lives close. The weather was decent so we got outside some. It was a little boring, but the kids seemed fine. They were being creative and imaginative :).

Sunday morning Andrew got to go out with Papa for the first time. He had been waiting all weekend for someone to take him hunting. He hopped right on the 4 wheeler and went with Papa. It wasn't too much later they came back...with a deer! No one had gotten a deer all weekend and Papa got one when Andrew was with him! When they pulled up on the 4 wheeler with a deer on the back, Andrew had a look of "What just happened? It was kind of cool, a little gross." He just didn't seem to know quite what to think. Later I asked him what he did when he went out with Papa. He said, "I got a deer. I shot him." He also talked a little about what happened after the deer was shot. He definitely had a great time! Sunday after we got home and for the next couple of days all Andrew did was deer hunt. He had his elk and deer and his gun. We've definitely got a future hunter!

Ella playing while Andrew was hunting.
Andrew in his long johns getting ready for his first deer hunt :).

My little hunter!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

omg this post cracks me up! I love it!