Sunday, September 21, 2008
Jab, Cross, Kick
Yes, that's right I took my kickboxing certification yesterday. And I think I spoke too soon in my last post about being in better shape than I thought. My kickboxing instructor yesterday kicked my butt!! It was seriously like being in a hard core kickboxing class for about 4-5 hours. The instructor pushed us to our limit...and then she pushed us even harder. I was exhausted at the end of the day. I did have a lot of fun, though. As a fitness instructor, I don't get to push myself to the max when I am teaching because the class is about my participants not about me. It was great to be on the other side of things and really push myself and get a great workout. I did feel empowered and good about myself when I left yesterday. Today, I feel really sore. My lower body actually isn't as sore as I thought unless I go into kick position. But my triceps, shoulders, lats, and upper back hurt really bad today and probably will for a couple more days. I don't know how well I did on the test. I was so tired by the time test time came that I didn't feel like I could execute the moves properly. Kickboxing is definitely a great workout and really fun!! I think I would love to teach the class one day, but I think I will practice a little more before I get in front of a class to teach. I've got all the basics down, but I need to practice on the choreography aspect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment