My little boy is growing up so fast!! The older Andrew gets, the more gradual he seems to change, but then all of sudden I will realize how much he really has grown. I definitely know he has grown taller after trying on his pants from last year. He had a couple pairs of pants that were still a little big at the end of last spring. I thought for sure that they would fit him perfect come fall, but they are now too short. It doesn't seem like he is that much bigger from when he turned two, but he really is. And just physical growth is not the only way he has changed. He talks so much now. I've been waiting for him to finally start talking and now that he does, it doesn't seem like he should be old enough to talk. He says sentences and just knows so much. Some of the things he says just sound like he shouldn't understand them. The other day he brought home a Dora book and when I asked him where it came from, he said "Grammy bought it". Since when does he know what bought means? I know that he has known these kinds of things for a long time, but sometimes it just seems that a light bulb goes off and I realize exactly what he can do now and what he knows. Then I am amazed about how fast he is growing up.
I dressed him for church this past Sunday in his new Carter's jeans (which are so cute!) and a white polo that Daddy tucked into his jeans. I looked at him and couldn't believe how much of a little boy he was...there's no baby left to him. Well, I shouldn't say that, he will always be my baby, but he sure doesn't look like it anymore. He's very into dressing himself right now. He has to pick out his clothes and he has to dress himself and put his socks and shoes on by himself. If I try to help, he gets upset. He does a great job, though. Occassionally, he will put his pants or shirts on backwards. He doesn't always match well, but he is pretty good about letting me lead him in the right direction as long as he gets the final pick.
Andrew loves jumping!! He jumps everywhere he can, including the bed and water puddles...his favorite. He likes to run and do sumersaults. He's been doing great with his truck that Papa gave him. He has figured out which way to turn and when he needs to back up before he hits things. He is still a very active kid just like always. He's always on the move, he loves to be outside, to run around, ride his bike, play at the park, and anything that involves motion. He is starting to get more interested in writing, reading, and playing in one spot, but he'd still rather be moving. He has two little tractors and balers that he borrowed from Grammy and he lays on the floor and plays with them for a long time. He's so funny to watch. He gets really into it.
I just look at amazement at Andrew and wonder where my baby boy went. He is such a sweet little boy now. And while he grows bigger, smarter, older, and stronger every day, he will always be my baby :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment