Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Morning Run

Matt did not have to go into work until late this morning, so I decided I would take a run...by myself! The last time I ran by myself was when Andrew was about 2 months old and before that it was before I got pregnant with Andrew. I am in much better shape than I thought! Since Gabriella has been born, I have only been able to do about 15 minute intervals when running with my double jogger (which weighs at least 80 pounds total with both kids). At about 15 minutes I have been stopping to walk for a few minutes to catch my breath. This morning I ran for 30 minutes and felt great!! My pace was steady and my breathing was steady. I did not feel out of breath or tired until about 25 minutes. The last 5 minutes I could tell I was starting to breathe a little heavier and my legs were getting tired. I think I could have gone longer, though. I felt really good. Pushing the double jogger makes a much bigger difference than I realized! I am definitely going to have start running by myself more often. The weather was gorgeous this morning and it was a perfect morning for running. It felt great to be outside and getting a great workout. I will say that my legs are a little sore now, but I still feel great!

No comments: