Yesterday we had our first family pictures taken since Gabriella has been born. I certainly didn't have high expectations for the day and I am glad I didn't....
I was already in a slightly bad mood before we even left the house because I ended up having to wear materninty jeans (4 months postpartum!!) and a shirt with a tiny hole in it (which I covered up well enough with my master sewing skills) because that is all I had that I could fit into and that went with our color scheme. Andrew was quite whiny in the morning also, so I just knew it was going to be a tough day. We actually made it out of the house and to the picture place (Portrait Innovations in Chesterfield) in time for me to feed Ella and get everyone dressed.
We did our family pictures first because I wanted to get them over with before Andrew got too restless. Andrew has not been a good picture taker since he learned how to walk. He never wants to sit still and is always into everything (of course picture places always have a ton of things sitting out for him to get into). He doesn't want to smile and typically will end up throwing a fit if we make him sit still and try to get him to smile. Anyway, the pictures turned out about how I expected. There was not one picture where we were all smiling. There were very few where Andrew was smiling and those ended up being the ones where Matt wasn't paying attention because he was playing with Andrew. I think Ella was smiling in almost every one of them, but was leaning forward really far in over half of them.
Matt was supposed to be able to hand around and keep an eye on Andrew while Gabriella had her pictures taken, but he got called into work. So, I was left chasing him all over the place while we were trying to get Ella's pictures taken. Hers really did not turn out well. They were far away or they had some really bright flowers that did not match her purple dress. I have been to Portrait Innovations a few times in the past. I have usually had a couple of poses that I really liked from there, but I was not overly excited about our outcome yesterday. I'll post some of the pictures later.
After we were done with pictures, we met Matt for lunch at Friday's. Andrew suprisingly did well. Maybe that is because I got to sit next to Ella and Matt had to sit next to Andrew. Considering it was past his nap time, though, he did okay. Our trip ended with Andrew pooping in the van while I was feeding Ella. Andrew also didn't fall asleep in the car and by the time we got home at 3:00 there was no point in him taking a nap so he was a little crab for the rest of the evening. All in all it went about how I expected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment