Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Holiday Weekend

We had a busy and fun weekend! Last minute on Saturday morning we decided to go to my parents' farm in northern Missouri. We left around 11:30 and got there around 2:30. Andrew only slept for the last 45 minutes! He did not want to go to sleep in the car. He did great with pottying on the trip up there, though. He told us twice that he had to go and he held it until we were able to stop. The 2nd time we had to stop along the road, so he peed outside for the first time. He did great, until the end when he peed on my hand. Matt and I were both laughing at him. Gabriella did great in the car also. She slept most of the way, but when she was awake she played with her baby and duck.

When we got to the farm, Grammy was already there. Daddy and Andrew headed to the woods. Grammy, Gabriella, and I went to my grandparents' house, which is just about 10 minutes away. When we got back, Daddy wasn't so happy. The mosquitoes and ticks were terrible in the woods!! The ticks were the tiniest ticks I have ever seen. I used band-aids and got them off of Andrew. I must have gotten at least 50 off of him. Later, we roasted hot dogs and sat by the fire and talked. Andrew was having a great time playing outside and running free. We took his truck with us, so he got to drive around. It took him a while to settle down for bed, but once he did, he slept all night. Gabriella slept great, too.

Sunday Daddy and Andrew took another walk. This time they stayed out of the woods, though. Andrew was just so excited to be outside. He had so much fun playing tractors, pushing his lawn mower, driving his truck, chasing Haley, and just running around everywhere. Grammy took him down to the barn and he played on the trailer. He told Grammy that he was "working". Andrew also got to shoot his first gun. He shot the little 22 that Papa gave him. He wore Matt's big ear phones. He wasn't scared at all. Matt helped him, of course, but he was shooting it with no problem.

When Matt and I were ready to leave, Andrew didn't want to. I asked him if he wanted to go home and he said, "No Grammy". So, we let him stay another night with Grammy. Matt, Gabriella, and I left around 1:30 and left Andrew there. Grammy said he took a small nap and then they went to my grandparents' house. My cousin had her little girl there, so Andrew got to play with her. Then Andrew and Grammy hung out until bedtime. They got home yesterday around 3:30. Grammy said Andrew was really good, but he wore her out. All in all, I think Andrew had a blast at the farm. He got to do everything he loves!!

It was great for me, too. I got to sleep until 7:55 yesterday morning! That is the latest I have slept in over a year. And I got to clean my entire house. It was nice having the chance to get some things done, but I did miss my little guy and was excited for him to come home.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Thank you Sarah & Matt for letting Andrew stay with me. We had a really good time.