Ella is learning new words every day and is talking so much! She definitely talks more than Andrew did at this age. It's so fun. She will attempt to repeat almost anything you ask her to say. And she will out of the blue say something we didn't ask her to repeat. Last night at dinner, Matt handed Ella a chip and she said, "Thank you". A couple Sundays ago, Matt was watching football and Ella walked in the living room and said, "football" and pointed to the TV. It seems silly to write out all the words Ella says because 1) I know I have forgotten some and 2) as soon as I publish this, she'll say a new word, but I wanted to have an idea of what she could say at 18 months.
Some of the bigger words she says regularly are backpack, downstairs, thank you, do it again, tractor, and football. She has also put two words together by saying, "My book" and "Read book". And here is a list of her most used words: mine, baby, balloon, eye, bath, bird, book, snack, shoes, flower, bowl, banana, bye, bear, go, no, ball, deer, diaper, walk, waffle, apple, horse, fish , hot.
We are starting to work on names. She definitely knows Mommy, Daddy, Ella, Papa, Elmo, and Abby (Abby Cadabby from her Sesame Street book). She is also pretty good at Nate, Katie, Robby, Trish, RyRy, and Mollie (Grammy's dog). She sometimes sounds like she is saying something for Andrew, but it doesn't ever seem consistent. That's a hard name. Most other names I say to her she just stares at me, so she must not know what to say for them.
There are some things she says that other people probably wouldn't understand, but Matt and I almost always know what she is saying. I know there are so many others she says or has said at least once, but this is a good idea of what she is saying right now. I'm not used to someone so small talking since Andrew didn't talk for a long time, but it is fun! Now if only she would always use her words instead of whining or crying....I have a long time before that happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment